[Solved] User Registration Problems

5 years 11 months ago 5 years 11 months ago by Antonio Durán.
Jordi
More
Topic Author
[Solved] User Registration Problems #1
Hi!

I've been using Joomdle 0.9.5 with Moodle 2.8.3 for some months. I've experienced a couple of issues, maybe you can help?

1. If a user self-registers using Joomdle auth method and then auto-confirms via email, everything works fine. But if the user self-registers and then the admin confrims through Moodle, the user is not able to log in (the only solution is to change the auth method form Joomdle to manual, then the user is able to log in).
Not sure if this is a bug, could you try to reproduce this?

2. Once, a user self-registered and auto-confirmed his registration via email. He even logged in and enroled into a course. But later, checking the database, the "confirmed" field was set to 0. Pretty weird. Can you think of something that could cause this? (I'm not sure if first the field was set to 1 and later to 0, or maybe it never changed to 1....).

Right now I have the "sync users" and SSO options enabled, but I'm not using them. Would you recommend disabling them to avoid problems?

Thanks for you time!

Jordi
The topic has been locked.
5 years 11 months ago 5 years 11 months ago by Chris.
Chris
More
[Solved] User Registration Problems #2
1. For Joomdle to work properly ie user buys or enrolls in a course, from Joomla, and automatically is created in Moodle and enrolled into the course, you will need to have manual authentication set up in Moodle.

2. For your second issue. Maybe you can confirm your situation ie create a user and check the field and then see if there are changes made. Aside from the field value changing are you suggesting that this is causing a problem with something? Also to confirm by self-register via email, are you saying that you are using the self-register option via Moodle? If so, this is not normally done when using Joomdle as the user would register through the Joomla front-end. See my next point re SSO.

If you disable SSO (Single Sign On), you will not be able to log into Joomla and automatically also log into Moodle or the other way around. I am pretty sure you would want this option enabled as it is one of the main objectives of using Joomdle. Similar for sync users - this will move user data from Joomla to Moodle or the other way.
5 years 11 months ago
Jordi
More
Topic Author
[Solved] User Registration Problems #3
Hi Chris,

thanks for your reply.

Right now, I only use Joomdle to display the courses in the public website. But then everything else happens in Moodle (registration, enrolment...).

I decided to use "Joomdle" as the auth method for self-registration in Moodle (I read that was possible in your forum) because this way users are synced ( maybe in the future I will sell courses via Joomla ).

So my issues are:

1. Users can self-register correctly through Moodle using the joomdle auth method. The only issue: if they self-register and for some reason they don't confirm their account through the confirmation mail, so it's the admin who confirms throguht the dashboard, then they're not able to log in. When this happens, if I edit the user account and change the auth method from joomdle to manual, then they are able to log in. Any ideas what's wrong? What could be different in confirming through the email and confirming throug Moodle's dashboard?

2. When I create a user and confirm it, everything is ok: the "confirmed" field in moodle's database is set to 1. This issue has only happened once: a user self-registered, logged in and even enroled into a course. However, later when I checked the database the "confirmed" databse was set to 0. The main problem is that moodle cronjob looks for unconfirmed accounts and deletes them.

Just wanted to make sure if there is something in Joomdle than can changed this field at some point? (when syncing or updating user accounts) Or should I be looking somewhere else?

Thanks again!

Jordi
5 years 11 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] User Registration Problems #4
Hi Jordi.

1. I tested this with latest Moodle and Joomdle 1.0.1 and this worked fine: self enroled, confirmed account as admin in Moodle, logged in. Don't know why this is not working for you, as I don't think we have done any related changes since R0.95.
As for differences: there aren't any, really. I checked, and both actions are calling the user_confirm function in Joomdle, which call activateUser web service in Joomla to activate user there too. My guess is that your users are not being enabled in Joomla, have you checked?

2. I don't think Joomdle can make any change to the confirmed field
5 years 11 months ago
Jordi
More
Topic Author
[Solved] User Registration Problems #5
Hi Antonio,

thanks a lot for taking the time to test this!

1. You're right, the problem was in Joomla. I checked the users in Joomla and it turned out the email I was using for my tests was already linked to a user account in Joomla, that's why I could not login wit the new details using Joomdle auth. So deleting the old account in Joomla fixed it.

2. This only happened once, and I still don't know what went wrong. Just wanted to make sure there was nothing in Joomdle that could update the confirmed field.

Thans again for sharing the plugin and for your support :)

Jordi