× Social Extensions Integration

Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins

3 years 6 months ago
Dimitri Korenev
More
Topic Author
Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins #1
Have several issues.
(1) users having access to moodle can not login to Joomla after sertain period of time. Joomla accepts passwords and redirect to login screen again. Full cleaning of browser cash eliminates the problem (!!!).
(2) users having Joomla and Moodle accounts can not finalize PayPlans payment. After login in PayPlans process, they are being redirected to Plans Overview screen instead of continuing the payment process.

What is needed to mitigate the issues?

Best, Dimitri
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 6 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins #2
Hi Dimitri.

I have never seen reports of something like you describe in 1. Joomla and user sessions are independent, so I don't know what could cause what you describe.

As for 2: try enabling redirect-less SSO in Joomdle config in Joomla, to see if that helps.

3 years 6 months ago
Dimitri Korenev
More
Topic Author
Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins #3
Thank you! I activated redirectless SSE and also PayPlans responded.

after further debug I found that this issue is coming from User hooks - Joomdle plugin.
As you set the hook event to on user after login, so when the user login from the checkout page, this plugin will trigger and redirection made from this joomdle plugin. For now, I've disabled this plugin and now the payment page is shown correctly.

They deactivated the Joomdle User Hooks Plugin. Do you see it as an issue? What could be the consequence?

Best,
Attachments:

3 years 6 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins #4
Joomdlehooks is needed for SSO. You need it enabled, by the option I told you changes its behaviour.

3 years 4 months ago 3 years 4 months ago by Dimitri Korenev.
Dimitri Korenev
More
Topic Author
Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins #5
Dear Antonio,

I refer to the issue "(1) users having access to moodle can not login to Joomla after sertain period of time. Joomla accepts passwords and redirect to login screen again. Full cleaning of browser cash eliminates the problem (!!!)."

You recommend deactivation of redirectless SSO, but without it Moodle App is not functioning. So, redirectless SSO is needed and I activated it.

I was confrontated again with the issue that when the user logs in in Moodle, after certain period of time he can not log in in Joomla. I use EasySocial for login.

I checked that I need to delete one Cooky marked blue on the picture attached. It is surely triggered my Joomdle. Can you please instruct what is needed to solve the issue?

Best, Dimitri
Attachments:

3 years 4 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins #6
Hi Dimitri.

I don't know what the problem might be, as this has not been reported by any user before.

> I was confrontated again with the issue that when the user logs in in Moodle, after certain period of time he can not log in in Joomla.

Are you able to replicate this? Or is it something that only happens sometimes?
First thing we need to try to find a solution is to be able to trigger the issue.

3 years 4 months ago
Dimitri Korenev
More
Topic Author
Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins #7
Dear Antonio,

the issue is repeating and happens for seveal users accessing Moodle course. They can login and logout from Moodle, but can not login in Joomla. After deleting the above mentioned Cooky, the login process in Joomla is possible.

I can not validate what triggers the issue. The only concrete statement is about Cooky.

If you ask concrete questions, I can check the confoguration or provide screenshots.

Best, Dimitri

3 years 4 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins #8
> the issue is repeating and happens for seveal users accessing Moodle course.

Ok, but that does not help us see the problem. I need you to be able to trigger the issue yourself, so I can then do the same and see it happen. Otherwise I cannot really do anything, as I don't have any idea of what's happening.

3 years 4 months ago
Dimitri Korenev
More
Topic Author
Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins #9
Dear Antonio, I have reconstructed the issue!

I have two sites: (1) Joomla on freud.online and (2) Moodle on freud.online/uni.
In all cases I see the reason in the Cooky 68dae7a492a29bd072cfbf2b4216ad8c

The steps when the issue occures:
(1) open Moodle (freud.online/uni) and login with the user. 1st version of Cooky is created.
(2) open Joomla (freud.online) and try to login. Joomla will not ask password and will log in the user. One version of Cooky is here.
(3) logout from Joomla. Cooky stays here.
(4) try to log in in Joomla. ERROR! Login is in Joomla is not functioning! Logout-Login in Moodle is funtioning

In step (4) the second version of Cooky 68dae7a492a29bd072cfbf2b4216ad8c is created. It may trigger the issue that Joomla do not know which Cooky to take.

What is needed to solve the issue?

Best, Dimitri

3 years 4 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Issue with Moodle and PayPlans redirections and logins #10
I tried to replicate the issue in my development server, but failed.

If you want you can send me test user access info to antonio at joomdle and I will test on your server to at least see the problem.