× Feature Requests

Please do NOT use this section of the forum to request help if Joomdle does not work for you in some particular way. Your post will be deleted.

[Closed] How to force Joomla group creation

5 years 8 months ago 5 years 2 months ago by Antonio Durán.
David Laverick
More
Topic Author
[Closed] How to force Joomla group creation #1
Hi Guys,

To prepare the new term site, I have backed up and restored the Moodle courses as newly named courses, so the new courses have new Moodle course IDs. However, this process hasn't created the associated Joomla Groups. Is there a way to trigger the group creation or is this now a manual process?

Thanks

Dave

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 8 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] How to force Joomla group creation #2
Hi Dave.

Problem is that Joomdle is not reacting to course_restored event, as it does to course_created. If you have not yet worked on the restored courses, and can delete them and restore them again, I could try working on the changes needed in Joomdle code.

5 years 8 months ago
David Laverick
More
Topic Author
[Closed] How to force Joomla group creation #3
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the offer, but we have already been busy working in the courses, so no rush to look at the code now. I’ve started to manually create the groups and will add the mappings into the database table. So I’ll be sorted for this year soon.

It might make sense to add that functionality to the code at some point though, because I guess others would use the same method of creating ready populated courses from backups.

Thanks

Dave

5 years 8 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] How to force Joomla group creation #4
Ok, I will work on it for next release, so that restoring courses trigger the needed actions.

5 years 2 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] How to force Joomla group creation #5
Added in 1.2.2