× R0.23 No Longer Supported

Virtuemart

13 years 10 months ago
Howard
More
Topic Author
Virtuemart #1
Are there any users here that are using Joomdle with virtuemart live on their site or tested it yet.

I would like to hear what issues if any you found with the install etc. I have got Joomdle working between Joomla and moodle running fine and really had no problems with setting it up I only had issues although minor ones because I didn't read through the docs correctly.

However I'm a bit lazy with the idea of having to setup a test site at the moment.

ta

and thanks for this module, just what I had been waiting for. I hope that you will continue to develop this module further

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

13 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Virtuemart #2
I know of people who are succesfully running courses shops with Joomdle and VM integration.

Problem is all of them are either private sites for members only, or they just have not requested to be listed here, so I can't give you the details, sotty :(

13 years 10 months ago
Howard
More
Topic Author
Virtuemart #3
Somehow I guessed that might be the case.
Lets hope someone responds.

However I'm just setting up a whole new website with Joomla/Virtuemart/joomdle and moodle and going to testit out sandbox wise first.

I'm having to do it on a hosting service so that I can be sure that it will work on the live site.

If I feel brave I'll put up an url here later so others can see its functionality.

13 years 10 months ago
Garrett
More
Virtuemart #4
Hi,

I'm happy to share my experiences integrating VM, Joomla and Moodle. Currently I have the following test site working: imi.pointlearn.com k - so far so good (I had a few issues which are detailed in previous posts)

I do have a question in terms of user experience - I have VM setup and integrated with Joomde - my question is this: is the user supposed to click on the Courses link and have a VM screen with a shopping cart and an option to by the course? Currently when the user clicks on the course name, the Moodle log in page opens up which I don't think this is what is supposed to happen. However when I log in to Joomla then I can log in to Moodle and when I click on the social networking I get the following message which I created

"This is a commercial course. Please add this course to your basket." however where is the option to add the course to VM? (I do know VM is working as I tested it using the sample data)

As it is a test site you are welcome to test it using the following log in details:

usernameL testuser
password: testuser

If anyone has any insights it would be appreciated,

Thanks, Garrett

13 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Virtuemart #5
I guess you refer to links in courses module? These are for either linking to moodle directly or to course description.

Tipilcally, you would have:
- Courses module linking to course description, where there is a button to buy the course. This leads you to Virtuemart page to buy the course, as any other VM product.
- My courses module, which links to courses the user is enroled in

I don't know if I fully answered your questions... if not, tell me ;)

13 years 10 months ago
Garrett
More
Virtuemart #6
Hi,

Thanks for your reply - I think the problem relates to when I enable the course description. The link it creates imi.pointlearn.com/component/joomdle/3-i...-for-business/detail k

is not valid - however the names of the course and category it is pulling in from Moodle is correct.

(when I enable the link to the course it works fine)

the site I am working on is imi.pointlearn.com k to see the example

I have attached a screenshot from the Module
Attachments:

13 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Virtuemart #7
Hi.

I did a quick test (don't have much time now) and indedd I think you have found a bug :)
I have replicated your problem locally, so I hope I will have a solution soon.

As a workaround, you can disable SEF and that should fix the problem, doesn't it?

13 years 10 months ago
Garrett
More
Virtuemart #8
Yes - you are correct it is SEF - disabled SEF and it works however when I click enroll it brings me to the Joomla login but nor displaying the virtuemart option

13 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Virtuemart #9
Does the course has a price set and its enrolment method set to joomdle?

13 years 10 months ago
Garrett
More
Virtuemart #10
Hi,

I have created a video explaining all my settings it is much quicker then writing (-:

It is located here imi.pointlearn.com/images/stories/joomvm/joomvm.html k

i think they are all correct but if they were correct it would be working so I must have something wrong