× R0.24 No Longer Supported

[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process

13 years 9 months ago 13 years 7 months ago by Antonio Durán.
Kyle
More
Topic Author
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #1
Hey Guys,

Quite stumped here. I have configured almost every avenue of 'buying' a course online. The process to which a client registers, which also creates a user in moodle is working perfectly.

The issue I have is the process by which you buy the course and continue on to moodle to 'open' your newly purchased course.

The scenario here is a client goes through the process of buying a course from the site. This process runs through Virtuemart which works great. I have setup a card service system, which seems to be working fine. When coming to the end of the 'check-out', the ordering process sends a mail to the admin and user notifying them of there purchase. Naturally.

Problem I have, is when you 'Confirm' the payment via the back-end(not correct way, as this needs to be automated) in Virtuemart/Joomla. It then sends the client a confirmation mail(which you can opt to do). This mail consists of the order info, and a downloadable link??! Opening this link just provides errors.

I want them to receive confirmation, and then click on a link that takes them straight to the course. How can I go about doing this? If you are uncertain to this whole scenario, I shall PM you the URL.

Any help will be super helpful!...bashing my head in here.. :blink:
The topic has been locked.
13 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #2
Hi,

If you are using manual confirmation, you are not going to receive emails from Joomdle, unless you use the VM Joomdle patch.

The emails are sent when the order is confirmed, using paypal payments. The email sent is configured in Joomdle component configuration, VM section.

The downloads mail is sent by VM,as we trick it into using fakes downloads to sell courses.
13 years 9 months ago
Kyle
More
Topic Author
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #3
Hi Antonio,

Then how can I fix the issue with the download. If I am correct in assuming that the link sent to the client upon successful payment, takes him to the following picture/page below, and then gives you the option to 'start download'.

Problem here is...and I believe the only problem left. Is I click 'start download' only to receive the following error. HOW can i configure/fix this to take them to the specific course that was paid for?? Is it not suppose to automatically enrol them into the course after everything has been confirmed??

Please help, I've come so far..yet only so far yet to go :S

Regards,

K
Attachments:
13 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #4
If you use paypal, you won't have that mail sent. That mail is sent by VM.

What Joomdle does y rewrite the VM paypal IPN handler, so instead of sending the download email, it sends the course info email.

As I said, all this is only truth with paypal payments (not when you do manual confirmation)
13 years 9 months ago 13 years 9 months ago by Kyle. Reason: Website revealed - client privacy
Kyle
More
Topic Author
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #5
Hi Antonio,

I am currently making use of another Online Payment method called VCS(Virtual Card Services). It is a S.A online payment gateway. Anyways, this process works in the same principal as PayPal. Client logs into my site, goes through payment method, pays for the purchase on the VCS site(similar look to Paypal) and sends a confirmation mail to the client 'AUTOMATICALLY', whereby he can 'download' the course.

Now if you guys have it setup in the code to change the IPN handler for Paypal payments, can it not be to change this handler for VCS. It simpler form, How can I make it that this particular payment, send through the course information, as appose to the download link.

I just want this payment method to so the same principle as Paypal, as you say 'only' Paypal will send course information. Why and how does it send it? How can I get that specific URL, to take clients to that course while 'enrolling' them into the system. Just to be clear, this payment method does automatically 'confirm' payment in VM, and VM sends the confirmation mail. Typical link it sends is below.

test.com/demo/index.php?option=com_virtu...eaa9fa104bef0294293b k

I'm completely dumbstruck at this point, PLEASE HELP!
13 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #6
You have a patch for VM on the wiki (3rd party integration section) that maybe does what you want.

I say maybe because I don't know how VCS payments work. If VM follows the same codepath as with credit card purchases, then it should work for you.
If it works simliar to paypal (using instant payment notification like paypal) then it will not be that easy, as basically you would need to rewrite the handler.
13 years 9 months ago
Kyle
More
Topic Author
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #7
Hi Antonio,

Been playing around some more with the payment options. I tested this payment method with my 3 payment options. Typically they are Paypal, VCS, and credit card. The only main one configured is VCS(like Paypal).

I have tested via Paypal(which is on Test mode - under Configuration in VM), which sent through a status of 'Pending' to the client. So naturally the payment could not complete due to other circumstances.

The VCS, does indeed work. It sends the payment confirmation automatically, which changes the status to 'Confirmed' on your VM order list. This sends through the download file. Now I need to make some work around, or alternative to taking/allowing the user to go straight to the course he paid for.

The whole process seems to be working, EXCEPT the process of letting the client do the course he SUCCESSFULLY paid for. Naturally you won't be familiar with 'VCS'. You don't have to be, I'm merely asking how can you manually make a user authenticated/enrolled to a course upon 'confirmed' status of paying.

At worst, I want to include a URL in the mail sent to them, that upon clicking will do the above. Please note that I only have ONE course, thus giving me a line to enrol the user for that ONE course is ALL I need.

If you need more details, or access details to what I'm trying to explain, let me know. I do have 'enable download' checkbox on in the VM 'downloads' configuration.
    There is a payment set in Moodle and VM for X amount
    Status is set to confirmed upon successful payment, 2 emails sent to clients email, 1 for receipt, 2 the download link

Please assist, need to get this working Asap.

Really appreciate all your help!

Regards K
13 years 9 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #8
Hi.

I think you should test the VM patch to see if that does the trick.

It removes the download mail sent, replacing it by your customized (in joomdle component config) enrol email.

From what I get of your words on of how VCS works, it should work.
13 years 9 months ago
Kyle
More
Topic Author
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #9
Hey Antonio,

Sorry to bother again, could you please direct me to where I can download this patch?

Not sure where it is, and don't want to break anything at this point.

I checked the forums and source forge. No Luck. Could you give me a direct URL or attach it here?

Much appreciated!

K
13 years 9 months ago
Howard
More
[Solved] VirtueMart / Joomdle ordering process #10
I think this is the patch that Antonio is suggesting
http://www.joomdle.com/wiki/Other_payment_methods