× Shop / e-Commerce Integration

HikaShop Variants Cause XML-RPC Error

6 months 4 weeks ago
pcomelearning
More
Topic Author
HikaShop Variants Cause XML-RPC Error #1
Hi,

I just tried to push a course from Moodle and add variants to the products. Apparently, variants do not work since they create a new code for each variant.

What happens, is after checkout, the browser displays the following error:
XML-RPC Error (29039061): Invalid parameter value detected | ERRORCODE: invalidparameter

I tried copying the product and even creating a new one that is not associated with the Moodle product and it still throws the error. I'm not sure why that is happening. A new product that was never published from the Joomdle shop should not be attempting to use XML-RPC.

The screenshot attached shows the three products. The one published from Joomdle shop, now unpublished. The one that is published was created from scratch and it still throws the same error, even though the product code and alias are completely different.

Any help solving this issue is appreciated.

Warm regards,
Miles
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 months 4 weeks ago
Antonio Durán
More
HikaShop Variants Cause XML-RPC Error #2
Hi.

Thanks for the bug report. I will try to replicate it and get back to you as soon as possible.

> A new product that was never published from the Joomdle shop should not be attempting to use XML-RPC.

Joomdle uses category to know if a product is a course. If you put a normal non-course product inside courses category, Joomdle will think it is a course, and try to make enrolments. This of course will fail.

6 months 4 weeks ago
pcomelearning
More
Topic Author
HikaShop Variants Cause XML-RPC Error #3
Thank you! Taking it out of the courses category fixed the issue.

That is good enough for now. These courses with variants don't need to be associated with course shells.