× R0.23 No Longer Supported

[Solved] Joomla directs to Auth/Joomdle folder

11 years 6 months ago 11 years 6 months ago by Chris.
jss6545
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomla directs to Auth/Joomdle folder #1
Hi ... Need Help desperately!

I have followed the instruction to installing both joomla and moodle carefully ... on logging into joomla, the page is directed to the following folder in moodle ...

Index of /lms//auth/joomdle

* Parent Directory
* README
* auth.php
* config.html
* db/
* enrol.html
* enrol.php
* joomdle_login.php
* land.php
* lang/
* version.php

Will appreciate any form of guidance ... Thanks in Advance ...
The topic has been locked.
11 years 6 months ago
Chris
More
[Solved] Joomla directs to Auth/Joomdle folder #2
Can you provide a link to your website pls.
11 years 6 months ago
jss6545
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomla directs to Auth/Joomdle folder #3
The site is sgkidz.net k

It is a fresh installation .. with no real content created as yet

username: test
password: password

Will really appreciate any expert advice ... :)
11 years 6 months ago
Chris
More
[Solved] Joomla directs to Auth/Joomdle folder #4
You shouldn't be seeing the directory. We will change our installation package to fix this in case of such problems. However, for your specific problem I tried creating a new user ID in joomla which was successful. As you said when I logged in, I went to that directory. I tried a manual installation through moodle but was not able to and thus I do not think the ID was created in Moodle - pls confirm this. If not, then Joomdle is not talking to moodle properly. Can you recheck your moodle installation / configuration and the ensure the Joomdle plug-ins are enabled. Did you previously have a different version of Joomdle installed?
11 years 6 months ago
jss6545
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomla directs to Auth/Joomdle folder #5
This is a fresh installation of Joomla and Moodle created just today. No previous versions of Joomdle were created.

I have created an account with the same username and password for moodle ... the url is
www.sgkidz.net/lms/ k

I have allowed admin rights to both the joomla and moodle accounts ... hopefully for someone to pinpoint the exact source of error.

Really appreciate the attention given to the problem ... looking forward to a solution soon ... :)
11 years 6 months ago
Chris
More
[Solved] Joomla directs to Auth/Joomdle folder #6
As said, the new user ids are not getting created in moodle which suggests the connection is not been established correctly. The only other thing I can do is look at your configuration which would require admin access to both joomla and moodle. You could send one to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. if you are willingly. Other than that, you will need to wait for Antonio to return to make his comments as he wrote the code for that.
11 years 6 months ago
jss6545
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomla directs to Auth/Joomdle folder #7
Hi Chris ... sent the admin accounts for both joomla and moodle to your email. Thanks ... :)
11 years 6 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Joomla directs to Auth/Joomdle folder #8
Hi.

I tested and saw the same. No idea why you get the folder contents :(

I tested going from Joomla to Moodle through the module SSO links, and this did not work either. I appeared on Moodle as a guest.

So, something is not working with SSO in general, not only the joomdlehooks plugin.

The faster way to know what is going on, if you know some PHP, is to put some debug in land.php in moodle/auth/joomdle.
For example, after:
$logged = xmlrpc_decode($response);
Add:
print_r ($logged);
exit();

And see what happens.
11 years 6 months ago
jss6545
Topic Author
[Solved] Joomla directs to Auth/Joomdle folder #9
Thanks Chris & Antonio for the excellent support ... the problem was that the enrol_joomdle zipped files were extracted in moodle into the same folder as the auth files ... separated them and it worked fine ... :)