I am able to log in using joomla but not moodle

11 years 3 months ago
Daniel Rogoz
More
Topic Author
I am able to log in using joomla but not moodle #1
Something is very strange.

1. I am able to create new user in joomla, and activate the account
2. I am able to log in in joomla and then to press my e-learning button.
3. I am able to transfer to moodle after login to joomla and to browse courses as a registred moodle user (so the joomla user are imported corectly in moodle)... i also check if all the user exist in: Administration ► Users ► Accounts ► Browse list of users.

THE BIG PROBLEM is that: if im pressing e-learning button before login into joomla or if i going to www.mydomain.com./moodle .. i am not able to login using my username and password. i get this message: Invalid login, please try again
Note: i disable every password policy rule in order to use any kind of passord but no succes.

also mod_joomdle_courses is returning me this error: Error XML-RPC (7021).Transport method you are trying to use is not permited..

I checked global configuration and joomla web services is enabled also i put the public IP in moodle network settings.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 3 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
I am able to log in using joomla but not moodle #2
Hi.

First of all, you should fix the 7021 error. This is always caused for having the wrong IP in XML-RPC hosts setting in Moodle. Re-check your are using your public IP, and try 127.0.0.1 also...

About your login problem: that is normal behaviour: Joomdle users can ONLY login through Joomla, they don't have a password in Moodle.

Also, check the system check page in case you are getting any more errors....

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.