× R0.23 No Longer Supported

Moodle and Virtuemart Integration

11 years 7 months ago 11 years 7 months ago by Shyam. Reason: spelling mistake
Shyam
More
Topic Author
Moodle and Virtuemart Integration #1
Hello,
I tried to sell and buy moodle courses in virtuemart through "Joomdle". This feature is great. But I need to know if user directly enrolled for the courses after making payment through virtuemart or it has to be enrolled by moodle admin/teacher/moderator.

When I tried to buy the courses from virtuemart it kept my order in pending mode. Is there any option that user gets access to course after making payment for the course.

Regards'

Shyam

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Moodle and Virtuemart Integration #2
You have to setup everything up in your paypal account. Enable IPN and so on.

Before testing Joomdle and VM, try sending some downloads normally through VM directly. When you have working the sell of downloadable products, you can start with Joomdle.

11 years 7 months ago
Shyam
More
Topic Author
Moodle and Virtuemart Integration #3
Hello,
I have tested for downloadable products and it is working fine. I used 100% discunted coupon code to buy the product/course and it gave me correct link to download the file. What to do for successful enrollment into the courses?

Regards,

11 years 7 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Moodle and Virtuemart Integration #4
Did you change VM paypal IPN handler as the doc says? That is what make the enrolment.
Go to your ipn notifications page in paypal, history of notifications. For it to work you should see a connection made to the new IPN handler.

Don't know I coupons have anything to do, i haven't tested and I don't know much about VM myself :)

11 years 7 months ago
Shyam
More
Topic Author
Moodle and Virtuemart Integration #5
I am also not confident to handle VM functionality, anyways what should be enrollment mode in moodle course?.

11 years 7 months ago
Chris
More
Moodle and Virtuemart Integration #6
Hi Shyam, I am confused by your statement you are "not confident to handle VM" ... do you have VM installed and running successfully already?

If not, the first step is to get VM running in your paypal sandbox environment. Whether this be a download product or a 'normal' product is not that important to get VM running. Personally, I would get VM running with a 'normal' product first to simply and configuration. Only once this is done, would I progress to integrating Joomdle.

11 years 7 months ago
Shyam
More
Topic Author
Moodle and Virtuemart Integration #7
Hi Chris, Here I mean to be " not confudent" means I do not know how to handle paypal configuration. Moreover Paypal has some limitation as it does not accept my home currency. So I need to have another payment options to work.

I have also tested it with paypal, it is doing well.

Regards'

11 years 7 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Moodle and Virtuemart Integration #8
Joomdle only works with paypal, as the doc states.

Other payment methods are not supported at the moment.

11 years 7 months ago
Shyam
More
Topic Author
Moodle and Virtuemart Integration #9
Hello Antonio,
Is it possible to auto enrollment to the free courses from virtuemart? However it is possible through "internal enrollment" mod in moodle. But it would be better if users see free courses along with paid courses in Virtuemart shop.

It would be helpful in course promotion.

Regards'

11 years 7 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Moodle and Virtuemart Integration #10
No, that is not possible at the moment. The only piece of code that enrols users into courses is the paypal handler, that is why it only works with paypal.

Please add this to the discussion in feature requests.