× R0.23 No Longer Supported

Joomla SEF

11 years 7 months ago
red
More
Topic Author
Joomla SEF #1
im getting joomdle predefined links instead of the alias i create in the joomla menu. so if i want to see several categories through a menu its impossible, since it all gets the same link.
in my case, coursecategory.html instead of "beginner-courses.html" or "advanced-courses.html" and so on....

does anyone else have that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

11 years 7 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Joomla SEF #2
Hi. This is my first time with SEF, so it very likely that there are some errors/incomplete funcionality here. I will happily try to fix it if you help me :)

I don't really understand your scenario. I have been trying to reproduce the problem.
Here is what I think you mean:
- You create 2 menu itmes in menu, pointing to 2 different categories. The links here are OK.
- Through the categories view, the links are not the same as the ones in the menu, instead, they look like:
http://localhost/test/cats/1-miscellaneous/coursecategory.html
http://localhost/test/cats/2-other/coursecategory.html

So, for me they work. They are not nice, what they are not equal, as I understand from your post.

What seems here is lacking funcionality to look into menus to find alias I think. As I said, I am very new to SEF ;)

Can you please describe the problem further so we can try to come up with a solution?

11 years 7 months ago
red
More
Topic Author
Joomla SEF #3
this is actually a problem with sh404SEF and joomdle.
im still tweeking stuff to see what can work. so far its ither one constant link for joomdle or no sef at all. when sh404sef is off its OK.

11 years 7 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Joomla SEF #4
Ah ok :) Thanks for clrarifying. I never used sh404sef so I can't help you here :(

I will add it to the requests list, to take a look when I have some time.

Of course, if you try and find a solution, we would be happy to include it.