[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue

10 years 2 months ago 9 years 10 months ago by Antonio Durán.
Chris
More
Topic Author
[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue #1
So I have VM Paypal IPN working. I have downloads enabled. When the course purchase is confirmed, I am not getting the Joomdle email with the course link. What I am getting is a download-info email from VM withthe following text:

the file(s) you ordered are ready for your download.
Please enter the following Download-ID(s) in our Downloads Area:

file.html: cf9aa660ad6a3551b48fc8eb1aec0358
http://localhost/site1/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.downloads&Itemid=84&download_id=cf9aa660ad6a3551b48fc8eb1aec0358

the maximum number of downloads for each file is: 3
Download until 5 days after the first download

Any ideas on what this issue might be?

Thanks,
Chris

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

10 years 2 months ago
Chris
More
[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue #2
I have moved your post to 0.5 from announcements. What happens if you disable downloads?

9 years 10 months ago
Marko
More
[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue #3
Hi

First-time post here, so just wanted to say thanks to all the joomdlers for creating such an excellent module.

I'm experiencing the exact same issue as chrisb above (did u resolve it?).

I've tried desactivating downloads in virtuemart as suggested here, but no joy, still no download link, and still no enrollment taking place on the moodle side for the user. Otherwise, accounts created in joomla show up fine, and if the account has a manual enrolment moodleside, that shows up in 'my moodle courses'.

I followed the joomdleWiki instructions concerning virtuemart in setting up, but i noticed the wiki seems to refer to the paypal(old) payment method and VM 1.1.4 so not sure if current.

I've been stuck on this for some time, so would greatly appreciate any help you could offer here.

My setup:
  • Joomdle 0.54 with joomdle enrolment method installed in moodle
  • Joomla 1.5.22
  • Virtuemart 1.1.8 with paypal_api html (this seems to work so far in sandbox mode,
  • Moodle 2.0

• Thanks in advance for any help you could offer with this.

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue #4
Hi.

Are the orders marked as complete in VM after purchasing for normal products? You need that paypal IPN is working before trying Joomdle features.

9 years 10 months ago
Marko
More
[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue #5
Thanks for the quick reply

Orders are indeed marked as confirmed, and i (test customer) even receive a copy of the purchase order and the order status update.

With dowloads enabled in VM i received a download email that unfortunately doesn't seem to do much (throws up an error bad path etc..)

In Joomdle i have set additional datasource and shop integration as VM, and created and selected the correct product ID containing the courses available.

I am not receiving the joomdle confirmation email as configured in joomdle.

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue #6
Did you change the IPN URL in paypal payment method config in VM?

Did you create the course product with joomdle backend?

9 years 10 months ago
Marko
More
[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue #7
the product ID in VM concurs with the one i set in joomdle backend, but i noticed a difference between the content of the 'extra info' panel in paypal and paypal(old) payment methods. i can't seem to get paypal(old) plugin to work at all in sandbox, and paypal payment method doesn't have anything in extra info. i've tried adding the php code for changing for the joomdle notify file as per the wiki, but no luck.
does anyone have joomdle working with the newer paypal module?
any ideas?

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue #8
Hi.

May I ask what is this "newer paypal module"?

As for the old (meaning VM 1.x current module), you will need to make it work for normal products first before getting into joomdle.

9 years 10 months ago
Marko
More
[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue #9
hi Antonio

i have VM 1.1.8 stable in joomla 1.5.22 and there are two paypal methods.

i believe they correspond to standard/legacy and express checkout.

anyhow, the express works, i get an order confirmed and download mail, but obviously the dl file is not functional. no enrollment takes place moodle side, and no joomdle mail received even with "notify_url" => SECUREURL ."administrator/components/com_joomdle/paypal_notify.php", included in extra info panel
btw the joomdle wiki seems to apply to the legacy paypal payment method

9 years 10 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Solved] Virtuemart enrollment issue #10
Hi.

Ok, then Express checkout is a different payment method, and is not supported by Joomdle as is (it would require some custom work).

As you say, the wiki talks about normal paypal plugin (not legacy, just another way of paying).