× Shop / e-Commerce Integration

Subscriptions with Parental control

5 years 2 months ago 5 years 2 months ago by tmkadmin.
tmkadmin
More
Topic Author
Subscriptions with Parental control #1
Hi there,

I'd like to sell my courses through subscriptions. I also want to allow parents manage their childrens subscriptions.
I've dig up some info and my plan is to use Membership Pro to manage the subscriptions and Parental control over subscriptions.
I plan to use the Course Groups plugin and set access thorugh adding/removing users to Joomla user groups with Membership Pro.
Is there any possible issues with this configuration, will the children be enrolled/unenrolled properly?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

5 years 2 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Subscriptions with Parental control #2
Hi.

I have only done basic work on Membership Pro, so I don't know all its features. Is parental control a feature?

> I plan to use the Course Groups plugin and set access thorugh adding/removing users to Joomla user groups with Membership Pro.
Is there any possible issues with this configuration, will the children be enrolled/unenrolled properly?

They will be enroled, as long as Membership Pro triggers the appropiate events when adding users to groups. I have not tested this, though.

5 years 2 months ago
tmkadmin
More
Topic Author
Subscriptions with Parental control #3
Does the Assign Courses Joomdle feature only work with products, or does It work with subscriptions as well?

5 years 2 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Subscriptions with Parental control #4
It is only for products right now... although I guess it could be added for subscriptions too.
If you are interested I can try looking into it for the membership pro integration plugin, if that's what you are using.

5 years 2 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Subscriptions with Parental control #5
I thought more about this, and it cannot really be done.
Scenario would be:
- Parent subscribes
- On payment, he receives courses to assign
- He assigns courses to children and they get enroled to courses
- Subscripton ends. Children should be unenroled from the courses, but we have no info about which users got enroled into which courses with this subscription, as Joomdle does not store the courses assigned by parents.

5 years 2 months ago
tmkadmin
More
Topic Author
Subscriptions with Parental control #6
Would this work with Payplans + Joomdle feature "Buy courses for children"?

5 years 2 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Subscriptions with Parental control #7
No, as I explained above, we cannot unenrol children from courses once subscription ends, so integration would not be functional.

Only way to do it would be to add more info to database: store children assignments, so we can later check them on subscription end. But we would also need to keep track of the relationship between courses available to assign and plans, so we can find them later.
I think it is too complicated, even only thinking about it for a while, so I don't think it is something we will work in the near future, unless there is someone wanting to sponsor its development.

5 years 2 months ago 5 years 2 months ago by tmkadmin.
tmkadmin
More
Topic Author
Subscriptions with Parental control #8
Membership Pro takes care about Group Admins / Parents assigning users into their Subscription Group, enrolling and unenrolling in Moodle is based on the Group Admins subscription, or can be controlled with Joomla groups and your plugin which updates Moodle course access based on the Joomla groups.
The only thing missing is the Group Admin being assigned as Parents/Mentor in Moodle for the users they added to their Subscription Group in Membership Pro. I think there could be a way around this with Moodle Cohorts.
If you're willing to help with this let's discuss the details in private!

5 years 2 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Subscriptions with Parental control #9
Thanks for the info. That sounds good.

> If you're willing to help with this let's discuss the details in private!
Sure, please write to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can talk about it.