× Shop / e-Commerce Integration

Moodle still requires Name & Email Address

4 months 1 week ago
cjsmiff
More
Topic Author
Moodle still requires Name & Email Address #1
Hi,

I am using eShop integration and have Mapped the Joomla eShop profile fields to the Moodle fields. When purchasing a Course through eShop I still have to input the First Name, Last Name and Email Address in to Moodle before I can access the Course, also the address info from eShop isn't filled in. Is this right or am I missing a setting somewhere please?
I have Membership Pro set as the Secondary Additional Data Source - I created the Mapping for this first and then change it to eShop and created the Mappings for that. Both Profile plugins are active and the Membershop Pro one has the Secondary Source box set to Yes.
janebryancollective.janebryanbeautytraining.co.uk/ k

(I tried to add a screenshot here but the Image button isn't working for me, the link button too, both just freeze this page & I can't scroll down to Submit either so have to refresh and start again).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 1 week ago
Antonio Durán
More
Moodle still requires Name & Email Address #2
Hi.

You cannot map the same fields in different extensions.
You would be able to map some fields from Membership Pro and some others from eShop, but not the same.
So, you cannot map firstname and lastname from both extensions, and have it sync to Moodle the right one depending on the registration used.

4 months 1 week ago 4 months 1 week ago by cjsmiff.
cjsmiff
More
Topic Author
Moodle still requires Name & Email Address #3
Ah! Ok, got it! Thank you. I just did a test with a Membership Pro user and it works fine.
(The wiki page suggests that it works with more than one component www.joomdle.com/wiki/Field_Data_Mapping k)

Anyway, if I remove the Membership Pro mappings (and turn the plugin off?) what will happen if a Membership Pro user then buys a course through eShop? Will the eShop checkout push the user info to Moodle? I will test this now.

So then I guess my question here is should I turn the Membership Pro plugin off too or just delete the Mappings for it? (eShop is where I am selling the Courses)

Many thanks for your help :-)

4 months 1 week ago
Antonio Durán
More
Moodle still requires Name & Email Address #4
I added a note to the wiki to warn about mapping the same field twice.

> what will happen if a Membership Pro user then buys a course through eShop? Will the eShop checkout push the user info to Moodle?

If you set eShop mappings, yes, I assume. I have never used eShop to sell Membership pro plans.

> So then I guess my question here is should I turn the Membership Pro plugin off too or just delete the Mappings for it? (eShop is where I am selling the Courses)

You can do both, if you are not using the mappings. Disable the profile plugins related to Membership pro, and delete the mappings.

4 months 1 week ago
cjsmiff
More
Topic Author
Moodle still requires Name & Email Address #5
Hi Antonio,

Thank you for your reply. Soo, I have an answer too, and another question (sorry!):

> what will happen if a Membership Pro user then buys a course through eShop? Will the eShop checkout push the user info to Moodle?

Yes it does, the eShop checkout process pushes all of the Membership Pro user data to Moodle. Great! But...

I'm selling individual Courses through eShop, mainly for the layout, and then Membership Pro for a members area on the site. However, Members will have their own set of Moodle Courses that they can access for free. So, non members go through eShop. But! I have found a flaw! My clients customers are not too good with technical stuff (hence using eShop for them!) but once they have bought a course they can add it to the eShop cart and buy it again and again which is going to result in refund requests when they realise they have already bought it. So, how I can stop them from buying it more than once through the eShop plugin?

Kind regards
Claire :-)

4 months 6 days ago
Antonio Durán
More
Moodle still requires Name & Email Address #6
Hi.

I think your question would be for eShop support, as what you want to do is not allow users to buy a product twice. I don't know if eShop has a feature for that.