Search Courses Option Not working in Joomdle

8 years 7 months ago
Kaushik
More
Topic Author
Search Courses Option Not working in Joomdle #1
Hi Antonio/Chirs,

While using the default search component in Joomla for searching for Moodle courses, it does not display the courses or the course categories that are there in Moodle, even though we have all the components like Search- course categories, Search - course topic and search - courses enabled.

The current environment we are using is :-

Joomla - 1.5.23
Moodle - 1.9
Joomdle - 0.81

However the search does display other Joomla articles without any issues. Is there any other settings that I need to configure, either in Joomla/Moodle or Joomdle for the Joomla search component to show up the Moodle courses ?

For a live demonstration of the issue you can visit :- www.360education.co.in/newlms/ k

Now when you try typing "Maths", "Physics" or any other words from the category name, the search will display no results, but if you type "joomla" in the search box, it will display the Joomla articles present in the website. Which leads me to believe that even though the search component is working but it's unable to search Moodle for the courses or course topics.

We are very thankful for any help from community members in resolving this issue.

Regards,
Kaushik.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 7 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Search Courses Option Not working in Joomdle #2
Hi, thanks for the tip.

I checked and there is a bug in auth plugin for Moodle 1.9, which makes search not working. I have fixed it for next release.

8 years 7 months ago
Kaushik
More
Topic Author
Search Courses Option Not working in Joomdle #3
Hi Antonio,

Thanks for the reply, will be looking forward to the next release. However as the course search feature was one of the integral parts of the project that I am working on, I upgraded the entire environment to Joomla 2.5, Moodle 2.2 and Joomdle R08 and I must tell you that I am loving it !!!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Thanks once again for providing us with such a nice extension.