Hikashop Fields Mapped to Joomdle

8 years 6 months ago 8 years 6 months ago by Phil.
Phil
More
Topic Author
Hikashop Fields Mapped to Joomdle #1
Hello all,

Has the mapping feature been fully tested and confirmed to work correctly with Hikashop?

I have tried setting up basic mappings several times on clean installs without susccess.

For testing purposes I have tried to map the 'address_city' fields from hikashop to the 'city' moodle field.

My methodology and results:

Hikashop 1.5.8
Joomdle 0.82
Joomla 1.5.26
  1. Install Joomla - Success
  2. Install Moodle - Success
  3. Install Hikashop - Success
  4. Install/config Joomdle in Moodle - Success
  5. Install/config Joomdle in Joomla - Success
  6. Confirm system healthcheck - Success
  7. Try registering with Joomla standard reg form - Success (data transfered to moodle and user enrolled)
  8. Create mapping from hikashop (address_city -> city) in Joomdle mappings tab - Success
  9. Try registering through hikashop reg form - FAIL - User is registered but data is not mapped to moodle.
  10. Try removing mapping (address_city -> city) and register with standard joomla reg form - FAIL - User is registered but only username is sent to moodle, all other fields are blank.

I'm sure this is the right way to try this? Am I missing a key step?

Any thoughts?

My primary goal is to set up Joomdle so that a user has their firstname, lastname, city and country mapped to the moodle fields. These are required fields in Moodle and if they are left blank then the user is shown the "Please tell us more about yourself" screen when they first log in, causing confusion to the user (once they enter their details they are forwarded to their profile page rather than a course list page or their "My Moodle").

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 years 6 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
Hikashop Fields Mapped to Joomdle #2
Hi.

I finally found some time to test this, and it is working as expected for me:
- When user first registers through Hikashop, not all data is passed to Moodle.
This is caused by the fact that Hikashop triggers the saveUser event before storing the additional info in the address table.
However, I enabled the account after that by clicking the activation link. This triggers the saveUser event again. As now all info is already stored in address table, all data is correctly passed to Moodle.

Hi have tested with Hikashop 1.5.5.

8 years 4 months ago 8 years 4 months ago by Phil. Reason: typo
Phil
More
Topic Author
Hikashop Fields Mapped to Joomdle #3
Hi Antonio,

It looks like this may be an issue with compatibility in later versions of Hikashop.

I will try installing Hikashop 1.5.5 and see if that helps.

6 years 10 months ago
leonora
More
Hikashop Fields Mapped to Joomdle #4
Hi
this thread and the earlier ( www.joomdle.com/es/forum/r08-support/853...ration-form?start=10 k) is very interesting.

Thanks Antonio, Jocelyn and Phil!

I need to consider that the buyer and the student are different persons. How can I do it?

For the other hand, Jocelyn and Phil ¿How have you solved the hikashop fields mapping?

Thanks in advance!
Leonora.