× R0.30 Support

[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout

9 years 8 months ago 9 years 8 months ago by Brian Cunningham.
Brian Cunningham
More
[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout #21
IGNORE THIS, LOOKS LIKE WE OVERLAPED POSTS. I'll try the Patch now.

I found that the problem is CB estrange login redirection code.

As a workaround, you can edit moodle/auth/joomdle/land.php, and, almost at the end, put:
$redirect_url = get_config (NULL, 'joomla_url');

just before:
redirect($redirect_url);

That would redirect the user to the joomla main page when they logging, bypassing the CB imcopatibility issue.

A fix will be incorporated for Joomdle 0.25.

antonio
graph
User Online Now Click here to send a Private Message to this user Click here to see the profile of this user

It looks as though you have already applied this fix as I find this in land.php
							if ($wantsurl)
								$redirect_url =  $host.urldecode ($wantsurl) ;
								//$redirect_url =  urldecode ($wantsurl) ;
							else
								$redirect_url = get_config (NULL, 'joomla_url');
								//$redirect_url = get_config (NULL, 'joomla_url');
						}
						else $redirect_url = $wantsurl;

}
			}
redirect($redirect_url);

?>

True?
The topic has been locked.
9 years 8 months ago
brad
More
[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout #22
PROBLEM SOLVED,
I will promote your plugins and this project whenever I can. Thanks a bunch.

The problem was due to a radio button on the configuration section of the Joomla LMS. Their is an option to integrate SMF forum and LMS. The setting being turned to on, produced no errors / indication or warnings. I just literally decided to try and turn this button off and voila. This is disgusting that they can sell a product like this. First time I Installed it (trial) they told me 2 weeks later there was an error that blocked jv script in the wsywig. Only found out because my video stream links were getting scrambled. Should I bite the bullet and go with the open source moodle? If you don't mind. I'm sure they aren't gonna fix security errors very quick either.

Moodle's interface isn't as easy and intuitive as JLMS so it would require smarter more focused managers to dabble with the management of students and courses.

I am extremely mad, annoyed with this www.joomlalms.com k company. I haven't paid them yet (trial) and I'm almost thinking I better make the mental switch back to moodle. Their license is $300/yr. up to 50 users for closed code. 800/yr for professional which has open code. I'm an open source guy but I figured this would be a low maintenance overhead and training etc.. easier and cheaper more intuitive interface..

The support today from you and Rob Jakobs has been amazing. http://innato.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=58:rob-jakobs&catid=34 k

http://innato.nl/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=52&Itemid=57 k
9 years 8 months ago
Brian Cunningham
More
[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout #23
That seems to have done it! Thank You.

First of all, thanks for your contribution.

You are quite welcome. More to come. I hope you plan to turn this into a commercial project and make some money with it.

To be quite honest I have several clean up issues I would like help with so now seemed like a good time for a first contribution.

I am extremely mad, annoyed with this www.joomlalms.com k company.

brad27 The problem with their pricing model is that it is per seat INCLUDING inactive users. If you want to keep history, their pricing gets crazy fast. They also based the JOOMLALMS on Moodle source. You can tell the minute you look at the data structures. Think that's the reason they were banned from JED. Good support for the most part though.
9 years 8 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout #24
Joomdle is never going to get commercial. Ever. You don't have to worry about that :)
We are strong believers in open source and the choice it offers, so Joomdle will be always GPL and free to downloand.

Please, comment any issues you have and we will try to solve them.
I already tried again to fix your problem with templates and the courses module, but could not get it to work :(
Will take another go at it when I can, or at lest I will try to give you a workaround.

Thanks again,
Antonio
9 years 8 months ago
Brian Cunningham
More
[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout #25
I'm a big believer in GPL as well but I also want you to make enough money to make this project worth while for you. It's a good one and you deserve to make a good living with it. B)
9 years 8 months ago
brad
More
[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout #26

The problem with their pricing model is that it is per seat INCLUDING inactive users. If you want to keep history, their pricing gets crazy fast.

Thank you for that information, I'm nervous as there are at least three bugs that 2 have taken serious time for me to figure out, already and I'm not through 3 weeks of light usage. This decision for me would be easy to go with moodle but we have department level people that need to be able to handle it. I don't have time to whiz up a new backend gui for this project.

thanks guys
9 years 7 months ago
Clyde Williamson
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout #27
Antonio,

Sorry, I'm still having this issue, even after upgrading to the .4 version and trying with both CB Login and the default Joomla login. Everything seems fine until I enable User Hooks - Joomdle, then at every login it sends be to a url that returns the Joomla 404 page:

0514cd21d46851705d7a71a53a05&use_wrapper=0&create_user=0&wantsurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mindinmotion-online.com%2F

The wrapper works (no SSO) and the System Check has a green check across the board.

I've updated to the latest versions of CB and Joomla/JACLplus, tried it with and without the CB login and just can't seem to get past the 404. If I return to the MAin PAge, I'm logged in BUT I have no Moodle account.

Any pointers or ideas? At this point I'll happily take hare-brained schemes ;-)

Clyde
9 years 7 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout #28
Hi.

I really don't know what can be happening. Some ideas:
- The url you paste starts with the token. I guess you missed the rest.

- You have some sort of domain-redirection for Moodle. Where is your moodle located?
9 years 7 months ago 9 years 7 months ago by Clyde Williamson.
Clyde Williamson
More
Topic Author
[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout #29
Whoops! Here's the full URL:
http://www.mindinmotion-online.com/classrooms//auth/joomdle/land.php?username=ratatosk&token=fab77b52ebf30e7d1634d839e677d55f&use_wrapper=0&create_user=0&wantsurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.mindinmotion-online.com%2F

The installation is Joomla with Moodle in a subdirectory on the same host

www.mindinmotion-online.com k is Joomla
/classrooms is Moodle
9 years 7 months ago
Antonio Durán
More
[Closed] Getting the 404 on Login/logout #30
I tried visiting:
www.mindinmotion-online.com/classrooms/a...motion-online.com%2F k

And it gives a Joomla error. Do you have any SEF/rewrite in place?

It should not give an error when visiting that URL.