× R0.30 Support

How to enable XML-RPC in php.ini?

9 years 3 months ago
Chris
More
How to enable XML-RPC in php.ini? #21
Thanks for the update.

How do you know the difference? Can you give us a screen shot so we can pass the info along? Which hosting company are you using?

For my specific production server, I am running PHP 5.2.11 and have the same as the one documented here

www.joomdle.com/wiki/Prerequisites k

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

9 years 3 months ago
Philip
More
How to enable XML-RPC in php.ini? #22
I was actually setting this up on my test server which is driven by Ubuntu 10.1.

I was using apt to get the packages and initially did not realise that there were two with very similar names. Having installed the first, I ran phpinfo.php and there was no xmlrpc section.

After installing the second there was. On my system the correct one the correct file was called "php5-xmlrpc" and the description was "XML-RPC module for php5"

The reason I think I got the wrong one first was when I loaded apt I searched for "XML-RPC" (from your Prerequisites page). The hyphen brought the wrong one up first and I clicked on the first thing I saw. Actually I would not have known the difference anyway based on the descriptions. However when the wrong one was installing I saw all sorts of references to Pear.

9 years 3 months ago
Chris
More
How to enable XML-RPC in php.ini? #23
OK thanks. I guess there will always will subtle differences depending on what OS and version your hosting company / you are using. For example, Joomdle.com is running on CentOS 4.9, which is why the Prerequisites page is like that, and the file doesn't have the '5' in it like yours.

Anyway, thanks for the info. It's always good to know more.